Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Days 17-22: I point the finger at St. Valentine!

Did you miss me? ...Well, I missed you guys!
I took a little blog hiatus. Well, not intentionally, it just sort of happened that way.
Last week was absolutely the most ridiculous week of the semester! It was valentine's day, the career fair and all my post grad interviewers were coming to campus this week, it was week of exams, I had to work extra hours at the school that I tutor at and above all that, the boyfriend (who it feels like I haven't seen in ages) was coming to town! Whats more? He planned a thursday-saturday getaway for us...nothing fancy, just plays and musicals and coffee dates and ice skating and restaurants (A LOT OF RESTAURANTS!) for us! So in all of that, I let go of you, my blogging friends!

How did I do on WW? Well I kept on track for most of the week but my eating was far from healthy. I anticipated a bad eating week (Most of the restaurants and things I did with the BF were a surprise so I wasn't sure what to anticipate at all!) so I worked out at the beginning of the week and tried to save up some APs. I'm pretty positive that I burned through most of my APs, all of my weekly points and definitely my daily points...I didn't track all week however because on Monday and Tuesday I was just too pooped by the time I came home to spend the 15 mins it takes to enter stuff into etools (sorry excuse but it seemed good at the time!) and then by wednesday I was getting so good at keeping track in my head that I forgot that there might be a possibility I would forget everything. ANYWAY, I guess if I really wanted to I could probably go back and track everything I ate the last week (my schedule is not THAT variable) but that sort neurotic thing is something I only do if I have more time ;)
It was a good weekend and I'm willing to forgive myself and hit the road hard this week.
What else would I have shared with you in my time of hiatus?
  • - The BF was absolutely amazing and I miss him so much already (he had to leave on Sunday to be back at work on Monday
  • -I've never usually celebrated Valentine's in the past (well, actually I've usually been single on Valentine's day and hence deemed it a huge commercial holiday which is still sorta think it is ;)) but the BF planned out a dinner date at this BEA-utiful! restaurant and then we went ice skating at the plaza! It was perfect. Oh and I'm wearing the sapphire and diamond bracelet he bought for me. I took the pic with my camera phone so not the best sorry!
  • -I ate as healthy as I could in the places that I was at but it was really not that healthy...restaurants load everything up with butter!!! geez.
  • -I was ridiculous the night before my weight in (and I mean like the midnight before my 7 am meeting) and I ate Jack in the box fries leaving me up by 3.2 lbs this past week!!!! But I'm not changing that weight just yet on my blog. My WW scale at home told me today that I'm back down by 6 lbs so I'm going to chalk it up to sodium and bad food until next week!
  • -What else? I pondered staying in bed watching movies all of Sunday and I did. It was fabulous
  • -I've hit the road hard this week and already worked out twice! I am determined to see 180's soon!
  • -I realized this week that its easier to work hard at being on WW and feel better about your body (most of the time) than it is to complain about your weight and feel crappy about your body (almost all the time)...I did a separate post on this sometime in the past...I'll have to dig it up!
  • -Bullet points on my template dont show up (why?!) so I have to do ridiculous dashes -- anyone else as neurotic about formatting as I am?
See you didnt miss out on all that much on the WW front :) It's good to be back though. Really, I didn't realize how integral this blog and logging my food intake online was until I wasn't doing it...The week I wasnt diligent about blogging and entering food into e-tools; I gained (by a LOT!)...surprise? coincidence? I think NOT!

No comments: